Monday, March 22, 2010

Tonight's event was pretty great. It was called "Masters of McNally" with four actors discussing what it was like to be in his works and to essentially be his muse and he had created roles for many of them. The four were John Glover (in our Lisbon Traviata currently - and now a friend of mine, oh and he played Lex Luther's father on Smallville!), Audra Macdonald (you'll know her from the not so good TV show Private Practice), the formidable Zoe Caldwell and John Boy from the Waltons. Quote of the night: Peter Marks (the moderate and writer for the Post)"John, do you think Smallville was well written?" John Glover " I don't quite know how to answer that".
Mr McNally was sitting in front of me and it was terrific to watch him react to what was happening on stage. and it was all amazingly funny and genuine. Everyone was there because they had a real affection for him and his work. It was all taped for our website, I'll try to remember to put up the link when it's posted. (there is a slight chance that I will be in one shot at the end when Terrence said a few words...we'll see)
Speaking of that, in a couple of weeks we are going to be taped for a podcast on our website discussing god knows what with the international fellows. If it doesn't end up too horrendously I'll post a link to that as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment