Thursday, March 25, 2010

2 down

You are going to get bored and stop reading if I say one more time how tired I am, so I won't. (but I am!)
Show #2 opened tonight. I love these guys. I love the cast, the designers, the director. All of them. Fingers crossed for a good review tomorrow. It's well sold already, but I'd love for it to be a runaway hit for these guys.
I spent my day in a symposium on board development geared towards Culturally Specific arts organizations. It was really invigorating their enthusiasm and to watch the dynamic between the groups and our CEO. Everyone was very open and honest about the challenges they face and the solutions they have found. It is more difficult for these organizations to attract board members of influence and traditionally they've had more difficulty raising non-government/foundation donations, so listening to the discussion around solutions and questions was really inspiring and informative.
I told our lead in the other play tonight that a friend had seen and admired her performance in Gipsy and that lead to a whole discussion on "revivals" and what that meant and what one's responsibility was when performing in one - she was also very pleased by the compliment. It's a tough role she has at the moment, performing Maria Callas, so I thought a little reminder of past success wouldn't go amiss...

No comments:

Post a Comment