I'm sure I've been this tired before, but I just don't remember it. Today I was at the point where I was making stupid mistakes. Fortunately, our box office is awesome and caught them all. It is also fortunate that I followed my first rule of theatre - do you remember what it is? Yes, that's right, make friends with box office (second being make friends with your bartender). I took a cab home because i thought I'd accidently walk in front of something that was moving otherwise.
In the last 24 hours: I have dealt with an actor who has shingles (ouch), made sure everyone has had the chicken pox (parents, please tell your children when they are grown if they've had them or not. Two of the cast had to call their moms to confirm! though how you could not remember having chicken pox I have no idea. I remember it vividly.) convinced the others in the company there was nothing to freak out about since you can't actually catch shingles from someone. Had another actor in another show arrive at work slightly....in his cups shall I say. And had a dress rehearsal featuring a major Hollywood actor. So it's been a bit crazy.
This week features one dress and one opening night (two shows); next week one opening and one closing. Whoever made this schedule was on crack. I'm also in a board symposium for my fellows work (oh yeah, that) for the next two days. I'm hoping it will be very interesting as long as I have the stamina for it.
Last night I ate at this tiny hole in the wall place in Arlington. The food? Italian/Austrian. The family who run it? Korean. Hilarious. My friend loves the place though I found it to be...okay...
Best thing about today: the lighting designer of the show opening tomorrow (my favourite of the three with the nicest cast and creative team) bought everyone Georgetown cupcakes! I may have posted this picture before, but if so, it's worth repeating...
I had a very nice compliment today from the husband/producer of the playwright. He said that the other company manager and I were the best he has ever worked with. And he said he was telling everyone that he thought so. Now who knows, maybe he says this on every show he works on, but still, it was good of him to say so.
No comments:
Post a Comment