Thursday, March 11, 2010

I've developed this very bad habit of leaving things at intermission. I could have counted on one hand the number of times I did that in my whole life before moving here, now it's a pretty regular occurrence. Which is very rude FYI and you shouldn't do it!!

Tonight it was the Ford's Theatre dress rehearsal of Little Shop of Horrors. It actually was better than I expected it to be (but then they are a company with a $10 million budget who only do five shows a year so...they've got some money to spend), my departure had more to do with being deadly tired and knowing that tomorrow is going to be a very long day.
My main criticism actually was their over-use of their revolve. I swear at one point it was making me dizzy, everything was whirling around the stage so quickly. They also rented the "official" Aubrey II plants from NY and frankly, I didn't like them. Ours at Canstage were much better. Their voice of Aubrey II was also seen on stage, which I just found weird. However, some neat costume design (again, a LOT of money) and decent performers. (though Patty Zee as our Aubrey was far superior in my mind...)

Anyway, leaving was the right decision, cause you know, 3 shows are more work than 1!!! This week is tech for show 3 which opens next week. Next week is tech for show 2 which opens the week following and that week is tech for show 2. It's ridiculous.

OH I forgot to add CHOCOLATE arrived today from England which is exciting on two fronts:
a) chocolate and b) British chocolate which is far superior to any other!!! Thank you Aunty She!!

No comments:

Post a Comment