So I'm spending a beautiful spring day inside what we call the Banana Room - the production office for the McNally plays. It's called the Banana Room because it used to be painted bright yellow - it isn't now but the name stuck and there is a commenorative banana statue in the corner. It's technically on the 2nd floor of the Opera House, which is actually 9 floors up I discovered today (we are up the fly tower somewhere) because the elevator is broken. Weeeee!!
However, this is where making friends with the stage door staff comes in handy and he showed me the quick way to the other set of elevators that will get you up here. Not that I couldn't walk up nine flights of stairs, I just didn't want to at 8:30 in the morning.
I'm looking forward to next week being over since the 3rd show arrives and I think that's when all hell is going to break loose. I'm working on re-finding my zen place about this whole thing and to try and remember that I don't have to take on what I normally would. Not my job! Goddamn work ethic...
Anyway, touchwood the rest of the afternoon will pass smoothly and quietly...
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment