Saturday, March 13, 2010

Nerd Nite

I finally attended the much talked about and always sold out Nerd Nite DC. It's held at my favourite dive bar DC9, so I thought it was bound to be cool. It was in fact a bit lame. To be fair, the venue is not great for this sort of thing where you have a speaker and a powerpoint presentation but since you are in a bar set up for rock bands, the screen is on a different wall from the stage so the audience has to swivel back and forth to see alternately the speaker and the presentation.
And I guess just because you are smart (or not, the second dude was a twit. No wonder he is an unemployed anthropologist) does not mean you can give a good lecture. So we stayed for two out of three and then took off. It's unfortunate because the premise - have short lectures about quirky and interesting things in bars - I think is a good one. Learning with alcohol! Perhaps I should start up something similar upon my return to Toronto upstairs at the Vic. Hmmmm...
Tomorrow I work. However, I'm now going in early so I'll be out by 3 or so instead of working until 11. Which is good. I counted today and at longest this crazy schedule will last 5 weeks - with things letting up a bit after 3...so I should be able to survive...I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment