They are everywhere here - with Dogwood trees. The Dogwood is the state tree and flower of Virginia so there are lots of them. I've taken some pictures of those as well, we'll see if any of them turn out. I'm a bit behind on the photo front.
So this coming Saturday, I was planning to go do yoga on the Mile. Apparently we are trying to break the record for the most people doing yoga at once in one place or something and I thought at the very least it would make for a good photo op. However, I have now been invited to brunch with Terrence McNally, so...yeah, doing that instead. (crazy!!)
I'm also going to the DC United home opener soccer game Saturday evening which I am looking forward to. They don't play Toronto FC while I'm here which is too bad, but this way I can cheer for them with a clear conscience. My friend is a member of their "supporters" club so I think our seats are in the rowdy section and they have a tailgate party ahead of time too. Yikes. Well, I'm all about having experiences it seems down here so...
Of course there are miles to go between now and Saturday, but I feel there is now a light at the end of this rather long tunnel.
No comments:
Post a Comment