Wednesday, March 10, 2010

No Jacket Required

At risk of jinxing myself, the weather has been stunning the last two days - sunny and about 64 F with no humidity. Beautiful. Fingers crossed we don't get any last blast of winter in March, which I'd be expecting if this was Toronto. I think it should just be rainy...

I'm home tonight before 8 for the first time in ages. I'm momentarily going to get in to my PJs and watch the Amazing Race on Hulu. Bliss. By that I mean, I'm going to get in to my PJs in a moment, not that I will only stay in them for one!

Funny Trader Joe's moment of the day: Blarney Scones! I didn't think to stop and kiss one however...

Unbelievable security today at work. There is a special event happening in one of the spaces - I'm not entirely clear what it was - but the sweep of the building started yesterday and by the end of the afternoon, the section of the building where my office is was in lock down. It's hard to do a load in under these conditions! I'm not sure if something happened to spur this, but apparently this level of uber-security is going to be the norm going forward when certain VIPs are present. I don't want to write too much about specifics, but it was seriously impressive what was going on. We had to give the actors the "just do whatever they tell you" speech so that none of them gave any lip to the secret service and ended up bench pressed against the wall. Though one or two of them I wouldn't mind seeing that happen to (the 3rd group is not endearing themselves. Of course it's the show with no stars or actors of note. I already want to slap them - see it's been a long time since I've done Company Management!! I have no patience for idiots any longer. And I don't think I ever had much...) They will be gone by Easter though so I'm trying to focus on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment