Americans are not gracious losers. Many, many snarky comments about "well how well does Canada do at the SUMMER Olympics" like that has anything to do with it. Anyway, I rise above.
Work is a madhouse. I'm exhausted. I've spent two days assisting our star of one of our 3 plays in finding new accommodation - she's very nice so it's all fine and after tomorrow it should all be sorted out, but it's been very time consuming. Again I wonder how they would be functioning if it wasn't me in this rotation (as there has been no "training" offered and there is a great expectation that the work will just get done) I think I may have to complain soon, but I'm too tired to do so now. Not to toot my own horn (but hey, it's my blog I can toot if I want to!!) but today I convinced one sold out hotel to somehow come up with a room (and not any room, a specific room) for an artist and another hotel to let another artist leave with no notice without any penalty. Now calling from the KC helps of course but I do think I'm somewhat of a rock star for pulling it all off. Early days yet of course, the truth will out over the next 10...which are going to be brutal. Send chocolate!! Send wine!!!
Last night I went to see Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra. First half of the concert was amazing - Count Basie and "old testament" classics as they called them. It was fantastic. The second half ....well.... not so much. Certainly not bad by any stretch as these musicians are amazing it's just that they were playing new music composed by one of their members - a sax/flute player named Ted Nash - and well it was not my cup of tea. It was all based on different painters and I think it would have been less annoying if we hadn't had his very rudimentary descriptions of these artists ("Monet was an Impressionist"). Also, jazz flute? Really? Not my thing. However, I was so glad to have been able to see them. It's hard to get in to the jazz at the KC because it all sells out, so I like to take any opportunity I can to see whatever it is on offer.
Okay, must go, Defensive Interval Ratios await...
No comments:
Post a Comment