Sunday, January 31, 2010

quick note on a lazy Sunday

Today was sunny once again with snow covered streets and sidewalks. I didn't go too far, just wandered into Georgetown and saw Up in the Air with ACC (no cultured museums today! too worn out). It was very good, but I found it depressingly real - at least each of the characters seemed depressingly real to me. We stopped and had pain au chocolat though and that really does make the world better. They are very big on the whole "communal" table idea here, a few of the local chains do it. So we sat at a big communal table and ate croissant with strangers. Not terrible I suppose.
Huge full moon tonight. Not sure if it was actually full last night because it was cloudy so couldn't see it. But tonight it was massive. I couldn't really get a good picture of it though unfortunately.
I went back to work for an NSO concert last night (Mischa Maisky, cellist, he was quite brilliant) and realized when I got up this morning and was stiff that I'd walked 8 miles yesterday, 6 of them in the snow. So then I didn't feel quite so bad about it.
This week should be less hectic. Tomorrow after work I'm venturing to Arlington where a friend is going to take me to a British food store. Yay! We'll see what they have anyway. The work week should hopefully be manageable, though busy again. We end the week on Saturday with a performance by the Alvin Ailey Dance Company and their cast party (it's their closing night, they perform all week). It's hard when your job requires you to go to cast parties with a bunch of extremely handsome and fit dancers. It's a tough job sometimes, but someone has to do it - and it might as well be me...

No comments:

Post a Comment