Thursday, January 7, 2010

playing catch-up

I've been quite tired this week, unused to all the activity from my week in Toronto I think. I'm looking forward to Saturday and a bit of a sleep in honestly...

Tonight I'm going to an NSO concert which includes Holst's The Planets in its program. I remember my dad used to blast the record of this on Hallowe'en when giving out candy. I believe it was the Mars section which was favoured for this. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, and the evening won't be a late one, but I think I need some caffeine first to keep me going. These next few weeks here are quiet as January isn't a great time to sell tickets so I want to see what I can with the limited choice.
I'm going to try and see some plays at other theatres in the next week as well. I've got tickets to see Stick Fly at Arena Stage next week (one of the shows featured in the talk I went to - thus proving that free programs can lead to ticket sales!)

And for those of you on Facebook, if you are "fans" of the Kennedy Center, it's me updating our status this week. Yes, for very brief moments this week, I am the Facebook voice of the KC. The responsibility is heady!

No comments:

Post a Comment