I was on my way home after stopping at the Communist Safeway and someone asked where Dupont Circle was - they were walking in the wrong direction and I re-directed them (AND I was right! after they set off I had a moment of "oh, um, actually..." but I needn't have doubted myself or scurried off in the opposite direction in case I was wrong...)
I love 17th street where this Safeway is (the grocery store itself is terrible - the produce section in particular...). It is the heart of DC's gay district and it is just so lively and friendly. The homes are beautiful and the stores and restaurants really diverse and interesting. I'm not sure what the area is referred to as officially so I call it "the Street of the Gays" like the Avenue of the Americas. It seems to fit and so far no one has corrected me!
(I apologize if any of you consider this to be a politically incorrect posting. It is of course said with love...)
No comments:
Post a Comment