However, we have another long weekend here this weekend as Monday is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It's a very bizarre time to have another day off so close to returning from Christmas. And we don't get any time at Easter which is about when you'd like a bit of a break, so that's odd. Apparently some places give people Good Friday, but it is not a Federal holiday so we don't get it.
I'm hoping to go to the free concert at work on Monday, but unless I can scoop a ticket ahead of time that may not happen. Apparently it's a zoo and people line up over night for the seats. Crazy. Of course last year it was Oprah and Aretha Franklin (and the day before the Inauguration) so this year won't quite be like that I shouldn't think, but there are always surprise guest appearances so I'm going to see how persuasive I can be tomorrow to secure a spot.
Otherwise it's supposed to be a lovely weekend so I have a couple of ideas on what I might like to do, but I'll just have to see how it all unfolds. I think I have the apartment to myself so it will be tough to get me to leave it :-)
I did not end up at Arena Stage today as they called to reschedule. It is budget crunch time for next season (same is true at the KC and I'm sure at my old stumping grounds as well) so I completely understand. A bit of a drag, but hopefully it will work out in a couple of weeks time.
You will be pleased to hear that the murder rate in DC in 2009 was at its lowest rate in something like 40 years. I believe the final number was 160. Now just because Ottawa which has a comparable population only had 9 murders last year should not be cause for alarm. This was trumpeted as good news around these parts so I'm just rolling with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment