Friday, January 8, 2010

Mini-Wheat injury

I had an 8am meeting this morning (yes, the KC is yet another one of those arts organizations that like early morning meetings - I miss the Mirv days when nothing happened before 10am...) and while sort of rushing through my mini-wheats (maple and brown sugar flavour - 0% sodium) I managed to chip one of my lower front teeth. Not entirely sure how I achieved this but I did. It's not visible at all as the chip is on the inside, and it doesn't hurt at this point, but it's awkward and a nuisance and rubs roughly against my tongue (which I can't seem to stop doing even though it hurts to do it!). So next week I will have my first adventure (and hopefully my only one) with the American "healthcare" system when I visit the dentist. I have a very nice dentist in Toronto I wish I could be seeing!

This dentist is actually very close to work and apparently good. I had to be "approved" as a patient however before they would book an appointment. I'm assuming this was them checking my health insurance. Actually my dental benefits are pretty good - and shamefully better than the Americans' coverage for the people I work with. I guess that's one benefit of the particular Visa I'm on, the healthcare requirements were mandatory. But yes, I could have been rejected for any number of reasons - too many other patients on the same insurance, inadequate insurance coverage etc etc
Hopefully it won't get worse over the weekend. I'm eating soft foods as a precaution! I haven't tried a cup of tea yet, I will test that in the morning and see how I do with hot. Blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment