Long day, very busy, but good I think. Joe, the coordinator in theatre programming, gave me a full backstage tour today, which was great - though I think he chose particularly confusing routes just because. All the backstage areas are linked somehow or other, mostly through the bowels, so you are walking under the stages to get from one to another. It really is a rabbit warren. The three theatres I'll be working in are basically on top of each other (two quite literally are stacked) so the distance travelled is not that far, it's just remembering the most efficient way to get there that will be the challenge. It is actually faster to walk outside around the building to get from our offices to the opera rehearsal rooms, so I may do that a lot. Especially since I'm not really afraid of the cold like the locals are. Well, this sort of cold anyway.
The rest of the day I had two seminars, helped with the first afternoon of auditions for our McNally plays and went to the ballet. No down time at all.
I know this is sacrilege but I only stayed for 2/3rds of Romeo and Juliet tonight. It was American Ballet Theatre and the danced beautifully (and there were something like 90 of them on stage which is impressive in and of itself), but at over 3 hours long, my stamina just ran out. Tomorrow is a full day of auditions so I just wanted to pace myself a bit. Boy, I'm getting old...
No comments:
Post a Comment