We were calling it the Battle of Fly Boy and He Man. (or really the Battle of the Brians - which works on two levels - the figure skating and the fact that our own fellow fellow who takes ballet so seriously is named Bryan.)
Fly Boy is being touted as the next big thing - the Guardian said he could be as good as Baryshnikov (and he's only 19), but He Man I actually thought was a more interesting dancer, though maybe that was because he just kept leaping across the stage. Quite literally. Sometimes through the middle of other scenes and sometimes when the stage was bare - there he'd go, leaping by. It was really odd. And I'm not even talking about the ballet pole stripper dance that capped out the evening. Odd.
Tomorrow night after work, I'm going to take myself off to this pub:
If you can't read the name, it's called Bilbo Baggins and it's actually on the street I used to live on in Old Town, but closer to the water. It's my mom's birthday and I thought this would be an appropriate place to go have a pint and say cheers...
I will be with you in spirit!
ReplyDeleteBro