Tonight is our first fellows birthday - yes all ten of us are born between the end of February and the beginning of August. I think there are five in May alone.
I'm continuing to discover what a small town this place is. Since I really only know, say 25 people, I love the fact that two days in a row I've bumped in to two people completely randomly. Once on U St after the ballet and once last night at the pub in Old Town (lovely by the way, very small and cosy. I had a Black & Tan, well two actually, and had a good ol' chat with the bartender). It certainly helps you feel at home...
Hilarious! I used to live right next door to that diner! And predictably, since I lived next door, I never actually ate there!
ReplyDeleteAs a former Arlingtonian, I have to defend my neighbourhood. A car isn't *required* to get there - you just have to know the buses. The Pentagon bus will get you from Pentagon station to Arlington in a jif.
In better weather (it never snowed in D.C. when *I* lived there) I would bike everywhere.
South Arlington always reminded me more of High Park than of Mississauga. But I'll concede that Balston is a bit 'suburban high brow'. ;-)
I'm glad the snow has melted and you're getting out and about!
That's too funny Jayme! Actually Arlington has some great restaurants and the bits on the metro are super accessible, just all condos and office buildings - which isn't my thing. I do want to walk over the Key Bridge though in the spring, it's supposed to be a lovely walk.
ReplyDelete