I loved Julia Child's kitchen though. Of course I'm picturing Meryl Streep in it, but still. I was actually expecting more things like that - more recreations of rooms that you could walk through or at least see, but it was mostly just an assortment of loosely related ...crap. For lack of a better description!
We spent many hours in the museum, partly because it was quite crowded so it took awhile to see some of the exhibits, and also there was a lot to see. We then hopped down the street to the archives and saw the Magna Carta - or as I pointed out to Chris, one of the copies of it (there are 4 in existence) because I've seen one at the British Museum already. Now I feel compelled to go find the other two....
Also, the main event in the archives was the Declaration of Independence (very faded for something only 200 years only), the American Constitution and the American Bill of Rights. I'm glad Nicholas Cage had returned the declaration in time for me to see it first hand...
Tomorrow we are off to the Cathedral. I feel a bit like I'm doing the whirlwind tour of the city, but it is fun to go around with someone I know well.
No comments:
Post a Comment