Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oh my, what a full day. Chris arrived safely last night in time to watch the end of the Olympic opening ceremonies. Today we started slowly and then toured the Capitol building (gorgeous) and the Library of Congress (through a secret tunnel - well okay, not secret but through a tunnel none the less and one that I didn't know about!) - also gorgeous (lots of Jefferson quotes - poor Jefferson I feel he is hard done by. They don't even use their $2 bill any more and that was the one he was on!!) and then a quick trip to Union Station (massive and impressive). So much walking. We missed the roller derby just based on timing (the Capitol has restricted visiting hours and we wanted to make it there). Stroll through Capitol Hill afterwards for apple cider and cupcakes! I hope to catch a roller derby soon though.

Anyway, more detail to follow. Tomorrow is the Museum of American History and Archie Bunker's chair and Abe's Hat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment