Sunday was the Drag Queen Brunch which apparently is a DC institution. While I had fun, I've seen better drag queens in my time. After lunch I prepped some work and then went for a walk on Roosevelt Island which is this island in the Potomac between DC and Arlington. It is completely wooded with a few trails and one very large (quite Communist in its size actually) statue of Roosevelt - the first one who was also president but very manly. Went big game hunting and that sort of thing. I think it was a bit early for the island to be at its peak - apparently after Memorial Day is optimum, but it was still a very nice walk and amazing to have essentially a forest in the middle of the city - albeit in the middle of a river in the city.
The days are filling up with final lunches and drinks and trying to make time for everyone and to do everything. It's crazy. So I'm making lists and then forgetting where the lists are and then making another list. On top of everything there are 3 fellows birthdays in our last two weeks which is very inconsiderate! However, we have a great plan for the one next week. We are going to have Fellows Skip Day and after our marketing class we are going to take ourselves to Mount Vernon and visit George Washington's homestead. Then we'll eat cheese.
Cultured, yes? I thought so...
No comments:
Post a Comment