Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo

It's a big enough deal here that the ye olde English pub I go to occasionally had a $4 margarita happy hour tonight. It would be rude not to participate!

This sort of crazy thing has happened to me. It's so humid and hot (it's been 80F all week and HUMID) that I think I like it. I mean I was walking around Monday afternoon and it was like a wet blanket of heat around you as you moved through the air and I loved it. Which is nuts because I hate humidity. And I would say that it helps to live in an air conditioned apartment, and certainly that's true, but the air into my room works about as well as the heat did, which is not well at all, so it's not like I'm sitting in a frosty cold room. But there is something about this weather and I'm loving it. Weird, right?

It was this time last year that I came up for my interview so now all the things I remember from then are blooming. Mostly there are roses everywhere - pink and red and this sort of purply colour, sometimes gardens will have multiple colours of roses all mixed together. It's absolutely lovely.
This Saturday the EU embassies are all having open houses so I'm hopeful that many of their gardens will be lovely. (I know, how cool, yes? it's going to be much fun). The UK definitely has tours of their garden as well as a pub set up so I think that's going to be first on the list (naturally).

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to enjoy heat and humidity too. What's going on with us. I celebrated Cinco de Mayo in Toronto by eating at Taco Bell. I shouldn't admit to that, should I?

    ReplyDelete