Friday, May 28, 2010

And that's a wrap...

Last days are almost as strange as first days. Today was the end of this crazy roller coaster ride but it is equally the beginning of whatever is next. (whatever that is...) So I'm sad and tired and happy and proud and missing people and looking forward to being home all at once.

But with last days, you don't know what you feel about a place until you are at the end and you don't know what people really feel about you either.
Today, this end, was full of emotions and I'm not processing it all quite yet so this will likely be a random assortment of moments.

One of the security guards hugged me.

There was a lunch for us and one staff member gave a speech with remarks about each of us. The VP of theatre programming spoke about me. He made me cry. I think he made everyone cry. He started with telling how I was the reason they didn't get to put up a Christmas tree this year but that I was the best Christmas present they could have asked for. But the moment that got me was when he said he couldn't imagine coming to work on Tuesday and me not being there. (hire me I thought!). It's true, I've been in that office for almost seven months - it's a long time for a fellow.

When I got to work this morning I realized that I'd forgotten to put on this bracelet that mom had given me years ago and I was really upset with myself for forgetting. I mentioned this to boys in the office and in one of those wonderful fateful happenstances, Max presented me with a Tiffany's box during his speech to me. He was clearly very pleased with himself - and who doesn't love to get a Tiffany's box. Inside was a silver bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment