The problem is that Fedex tried to deliver my photo albums today - it was supposed to be yesterday, which would have been okay, because roomie was going to be home - and of course no one was home today. Apple hadn't specified that they were shipping with Fedex because if they had, I would have had it delivered to work. But not knowing, I couldn't risk that because being a Federal government building, our mail is x-rayed or scanned or something for Anthrax and various other things so mail delivered to our street address tends to arrive rather fried. Couriers are fine. USPS delivers to my address and leaves larger packages next to our mail slots - no problem. Compounding the issue is that Fedex won't change a delivery request for something sent from Apple - even though I'm the one who has paid for this and it is all in my name. So you have to talk to Apple. Fedex also won't accept a request for a no signature delivery either when it's from Apple. The Fedex depot is in the suburbs of NE Washington in an area that is not easily accessible without a car and you don't want to be there even if you can get there. It's all rather....frustrating.
However. I believe Apple has now made the request to redirect the shipment. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment