A family of ducks has moved on to the river terrace at the KC. I sat outside at lunch today and watched mother and babies play in one of our fountains - it again was very hot so this was really the smartest thing to be doing. Apparently a patron was very concerned that they couldn't get out of the fountain and so the production department rigged up a plank system so they could easily get up from the pavement and then in and out of the water itself. It's not the most attractive thing, so I wonder how long it will remain in place. For the moment, it's very sweet. I didn't want to get too close, so this shot is as good as I could do.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There's usually a similar set-up at the Roy Thomson Hall pond. It's fun to be walking underground on the way to work and see the little ducklings swimming along right by the full length windows. No sign of babies this year, only two boy ducks. I support gay animals of course but it would be nice to see some ducklings...
ReplyDeleteerin