And no, this is not because I bought excessively down here. I've now gotten rid of more than I bought no question. It's just I had thought that I'd have been back up to Canada since Christmas, but with the McNally fest, well, that just wasn't a possibility.
I have an option. I have a suitcase I brought here that I was going to throw out because the wheels don't work any more and it was just what was available to me last August. So I could put said duvet and coats into this suitcase but that would leave me with five, yes five, checked bags which seems... a lot.
I could mail the duvet also. But so far I've only mailed paper and books - things that are replaceable. I just don't have great trust in the combined genius of USPS and Canada Post. Sending something of value seems...foolhardy.
I'm going to sleep on this dilemma and decide while I do final laundry tomorrow morning.
Today those of us remaining had brunch at Pete's. Amazingly there were 7 fellows and 1 KC staffer. A surprisingly good turn out. But each day our numbers dwindle and it's a bit odd. I'm glad I'm going to Philly because right now I just feel like being home and having this leaving bit over. But Philly will be good I'm sure.
I wandered afterwards towards the Capitol after brunch as i had thought Rolling Thunder was happening today but it turns out that's tomorrow. This is when thousands of bikers bike around the mall/Capital in a memorial to American POWs and MIAs. It's supposed to be very impressive. Today there were tonnes of bikes around the place but not the main event. I ended up walking home - so that's quite a distance from 2nd and Penn SW up to Adam's Morgan. With all this walking exactly how have I gained the fellowship 15? Sigh.
Okay, back to stressing about luggage.
No comments:
Post a Comment