Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Work was pretty dire today. Everyone is all stressy about Honors (which is only 10 days away). The big thing currently is seating. Who sits where for the show and where for the dinner etc etc etc. For those of you who worked on it with me, picture the Lion King opening night seating times about 12 with two Presidents thrown in for extra fun (as yes, it is believed that President Clinton will be attending with his wife the Secretary of State...so that's two Presidents in one room). This happened once before when Bush Senior attended with Bush Junior, but it wasn't quite so politically charged as you can imagine. And of course everyone and their next door neighbour want to be here this year with the Obamas. I think I'll end up seeing it from the parking lot we are that over-booked currently...

All the Fellows are in a twitter because we got our rotation assignments yesterday and many people are not happy. We'll see how it all comes out eventually but there are major rumblings. I actually did pretty well and got what I asked for more or less. I had requested to do a theatre programming rotation around our McNally festival which is happening in the spring. Because of the weird timing though, this meant that I had to fudge dates as it doesn't work with the rotation schedule. So the plan for me is to go next to marketing but only for half a rotation when I will then go to theatre and stay there for the duration. I absolutely love our VP of marketing so am quite pleased to get to work with him a bit more but am also pleased to not to have to do a full rotation in marketing. We do some interesting stuff, so there is much to learn, it's just not an area I want to focus in long term.
As for the others, I think some really poor decisions were made and I think that there needs to be an explanation given for them. Hopefully this will be forthcoming. Ultimately, I think the structure of the program needs an overall - and I've said as much to the program manager. However, that won't happen this year for sure. Hoping for a less tense tomorrow and that calmer winds will prevail heading in to the holiday on Thursday....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds tense. Glad you got what you were looking for, more or less.

    ReplyDelete