I would be remiss if I did not speak about football on American Thanksgiving. It's everywhere.
I was told, when I asked a real live American why Thanksgiving was on a Thursday, that FDR tried to move it but that would have interrupted the football schedule so there was great protest and hence nothing changed. America is weird. And actually the whole Thursday thing comes from Lincoln, but my friend didn't know why.
I could also go to Target at 5am tomorrow if I wanted to (I'm not). Also weird. Some stores are opening at 3. Crazy.
Will write more tomorrow but am at my FFFs place tonight on her funky french keyboard!!!
Happy Thanksgiving all y'all.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I saw a commercial for somewhere, Khol's maybe, where three well-heeled ladies were having coffee in a diner waiting for 3am so they could "crash the door" or whatever. Weird. That said, if waking up at 5am meant the possibility of some quality time at Target I might just do it.
ReplyDelete