Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Another week, another stat holiday

Yes indeed tomorrow is American Thanksgiving so that would be two randomly placed mid-week stat holidays for this month. I'm going in to work on Friday but I think it will be a fairly deserted place - I just didn't see the point in using a vacation day when I wasn't going anywhere. And this way I can slack. And maybe even wear jeans to work (imagine!). For tomorrow, one of my fellow fellows has invited the stray fellows for dinner at her parents' home so I think that should be quite lovely. I am really still baffled by why Thanksgiving is such a big deal here. I mean people hugged me before leaving today (now I am very huggable of course :-) but still).

Tonight I saw the Pennsylvania Ballet version of The Nutcracker. It was Ballanchine's choreography which I thought somehow would make it more interesting. It didn't. Not really anyway. I mean it was very pretty (lovely snow - Alistair would have liked the snow) and the music was gorgeous of course, but I just find the dance itself a bit...random. And dull. Act one is more dull, act two more random. So I suppose the randomness is at least somewhat interesting to watch. I apologize to all the ballet lovers out there, it's just not my cup of tea.
However, I felt I should take advantage of the opportunity since it was there to be had.
Goodnight y'all.
OH, I said "uh huh" today instead of thank you the way Americans do!!! Ack!!

2 comments: