We have been experiencing internet issues here in Old Town which seem to be resolved - fingers crossed. Many exciting things happening - most important on my mind is that I'm moving. Yay!
So this happens early December and I will officially become a resident of the District. So if you were planning on mailing me something, please wait until I am safely housed in my new venue. I will forward that address to however would like it.
We had Veterans' Day off yesterday, as I am a federal employee of sorts don't you know (almost as good as working for the CBC...). I went to Arlington Cemetery in the morning with a fellow fellow and had a lovely walk - albeit in the rain. It's a very beautiful place and I will try and go back on a better weather day...
I hadn't realized that the President would be there - I should have of course, but didn't think about it. So we missed the window where we could have gotten to the wreath laying ceremony, but his motorcade did pass us (see above - he is in one of these cars!) so that's nearly as good. My first near brush with the Obamas. I would just like to note that I think it's awful that people are protesting outside the school where his two daughters are going. They are just children and are not responsible for their fathers decisions - the good ones nor the bad ones. People are awful.
No comments:
Post a Comment