Monday, November 9, 2009

I had a very full Sunday and Monday (today included a group sales event for the Mary Poppins tour which arrives at the KC next summer - I got an umbrella!!) and a very moving play reading this evening. However, it's late and I'm tired so more details to follow.

I will leave you with one story from our finance class this morning. We were discussing depreciation and writing off bad debt/damaged inventory etc. Our Russian fellow often tells stories in finance about Russian accounting. Today's was (please picture the appropriate Russian accent):
In Russia(pause) we would buy the carpet (pause), say we used it (pause), say we bought it again the next year, but just use the same carpet over and over.
It's the Garth Drabinsky school of accounting!
Hmmmm, I'm thinking this is losing something in translation when written down, so you may just have to trust me that it's funny. I'll do it for you next time I see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment