Thursday, November 12, 2009

A beautiful Sunday




Okay, these posts are now out of order and I should have written this one first but oh well.
We had an absolutely stunning weekend here so I and a couple of fellows opted to see the outdoor offerings of the Smithsonian - the Botanical Gardens and the Outdoor Sculpture Gardens. Both were lovely and will be stunning in the spring. I've included a few snap shots for you. And yes, those are flowers blooming OUTDOORS in November. Not so hard to take really.
The first shot is for my Little Shop peeps - I found the original Audrey in the Smithsonian Botanical Gardens!

One thing that is pretty neat about DC is that you randomly happen upon interesting things all the time. I was waiting outside a metro stop for the other fellows to arrive, and discovered the US Navy Memorial (above). It is fittingly partly a fountain and just there, peaceful and unassuming. It is wonderful to make little discoveries like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment