However, it was not a bad way to spend the afternoon - 20c here again (mid-November, I seriously could get used to that), with some people watching thrown in between problems.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Today was spent at a coffee shop in Eastern Market doing finance homework. Yes, we get homework from our finance class - which would be fine if I felt the class was focusing on what we need to know. We've spent weeks on the minutia of accounting -T accounts and the like - whereas I would argue that a one or two week overview covering basic terms and what we should look out for is actually what we need. We need to be able to speak intelligently to an accountant or finance person, not become one (which this won't do anyway). I think the class structure will be changing after our Christmas break as things have been alluded to but not actually expressed out loud. We shall see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment