Friday, October 30, 2009

Diplomatic differences

Today I got my first invite to something at the Canadian Embassy. Granted it was a group invite likely sent out to 20,000 people, but I'll take it. The event even sounds fun - it's to mark the start of the 100 day countdown before the Vancouver Olympics. Cool, right? Not so much. It's at 8am on a Wednesday. ???? That can't even coincide with anything happening in Vancouver since that would be 5am there. So actually this event screams lame. So I sent it to my FFF and said, "lame". She sent me back her most recent invite from the French Embassy. A champagne tasting next Saturday night.
Yes, this accurately illustrates the differences between our nations.
The only plus side for the Canadians, at least our event was free - champagne tasting $125.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Canada. Sigh. Are you gonna go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I've got marketing class at 9am on Wednesdays and the embassy is too far to just pop by...

    ReplyDelete