Saturday, October 17, 2009

Apparently I love George Ballanchine. Who knew? I can now see why there are these crazy devoted Ballanchine nutcases who travel the world to see different ballet companies perform his works. Not that I'm likely to do that but I am so so excited that I'll have about five opportunities this year to see different companies with his work in their repertoire. The KC is crazy about Ballanchine or rather more likely Michael Kaiser is probably crazy about Ballanchine. The work is just so alive and vibrant and not...boring. (like I find a lot of ballet...)

The lecture today was also in our jazz club and it was the first time I was in that venue. Note to self: must ask Miss Tracey which jazz performers I should see this season - and the venue was so cute and done up like a proper jazz club, but in the middle of the Kennedy Center. Actually on Friday I met our jazz programmer who seemed really friendly and cool (I was lost and came upon his desk and he actually got up and took me to were I was trying to find. Classy, yes? I thought it was very sweet.) And yes, I'm still on occasion getting lost in the building. It's that big and rabbit warren-esque people, I usually have a pretty great sense of direction!!
Did I tell you the story how I got locked between two doors one weekend? It was pretty funny in retrospect but unnerving at the time. On the weekends all these additional doors lock themselves and some of the require real keys (which I don't have) rather than the pass cards or keypads (which I do). Anyway, that's what emergency exits are for....

PS. Still raining....

No comments:

Post a Comment