First, an apology. Many of you may not have known that I snuck in to Toronto this weekend and for that I'm sorry. Others knew but I didn't get a chance to see. It was a barely 48 hour visit and it was planned and timed to military precision. I went really to go to the closing night of Rock 'n' Roll - the last show that I worked on for Canstage. It just didn't seem right for it to go up and for me not to have seen it. And after 7 weeks stateside, I needed a little taste of home. The show was really good I thought (if I do say so myself), some amazing performances and beautiful design. It's Stoppard so it's heady and wordy and dense, but I think worth the mental effort- you can still catch it in Edmonton if you are so inclined :-) I feel very much like my four years with Canadian Stage can now be closed and tied off and properly put away. Though the night reinforced how I miss my peeps there for sure - they are good eggs. So much heart and talent on and off that stage on Saturday. And I have to thank Louise for the brilliant seats - wow :-)
I discovered a new admiration for Michael Jackson's abilities as a dancer. I'd always known intellectually that he was exceptional but one doesn't quite appreciate this until one tries to dance one of his "simple" routines. Yup, I took a Thriller dance class. Who knew being a zombie was so difficult?? Much fun though and I'm now ready for the next time there is a call to break the Guinness Book of World Records record for the most people dancing Thriller! This I'm sure will prove to be a useful skill.
Otherwise the weekend was full of food and drink and hugs and I wish I could have bottled it and brought it back to DC with me. My world is so much better with all of you in it.
re: Thriller dance
ReplyDeleteBev said she looked at 13 Going On 30 when she got home and Jennifer Garner is doing a way simplified version. What a wimp!
erin
I am jealous of your zombie skills!
ReplyDelete