Eastern Market is very much like you'd expect - a covered traditional farmers' market, similar but much smaller than St. Lawrence Market in Toronto. I bought some veggies, and sweet potato gnocchi and apple cider - it was chilly here today, though it finally stopped raining. Lots and lots of meat for sale, which I guess isn't surprising, over half the stalls were butchers or fishmongers. This city loves meat.
There usually is a large flea market across the street, but I guess the weather and end of season kept most of those vendors away. Still lots of things to look at and endless things one could have bought but showed great restraint in not (like they had a Hallowe'en version of the black and white cookie - black and orange of course. So tempting, but then I remembered that I don't really like the black and white cookie). Fun excursion to the south side for a Sunday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment