Add to that the most annoying and at times condescending conversation with one of our noted arts councils. An arts council that is not as well looked upon as others and not known for its forward thinking funding plan, but still one that I would have defended as important and vital to the community. However, when the program manager basically laughs at me as I discuss our education programs for professional artists, she says and this is an exact quote "I suppose we might fund you one day when we have so much money we just don't know what to do with it" and "the Blank Arts Council's funding gives artists the resources they need to create their work", to which I responded, "so do we". I'm so frustrated to be treated as if the work we are doing is of no importance. Quite frankly, the exact opposite it true, but I need more money to double our outreach locally, improve the website and expand what we do across the province and yes, to other cities across the country. Anyway, it was a very demoralizing sort of day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment