Wednesday, October 27, 2010

D-Day

Today was my fundraiser. In theory, it wasn't a big deal - cocktail party, with a raffle and entertainment - but since I did pretty much all of it on my own, from selling tickets to arranging catering to figuring out the talent to getting things donated, well, it had become somewhat time consuming. And I was a bit stressed about the whole thing.

It was actually a huge hit. I have no idea if we made a dime mind you, but the night was fun and different and people enjoyed themselves. It was still weird to me, having it in a board members home (a big home, but still a home nonetheless), but this was a crowd that seemed to like that.

A couple of things happened that seriously ticked me off, however, I am trying to find my zen and just be glad it's over. I kept thinking, just imagine what I could do if I liked my job!!!

I am so fortunate to have such talented friends to help me. I mean the performances were amazing, truly amazing and made the night the success that it was. A standing ovation in a living room. Not bad I think...
(still glad it's over!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment