Friday, October 1, 2010

Both my gym and the No Frills are in this pocket of the neighbourhood that has resisted gentrification. I think this blog may turn from stories of galas and celeb sightings (sigh) to tales of the manager at the gym and the somewhat colourful characters buying groceries.

This afternoon Amanda, the manager who is about 35, tells me that her 20 year old son is having a baby with his teenaged girlfriend. Oops. She was more concerned with being a grandmother than with the idea of teenagers having babies. I find this odd. No Frills was just a cornucopia of characters which made me long for the Forest Hill diamond and fur crowd at the grown up Loblaws down the street. Both crowds are unCanadian in their pushy-ness, but the Loblaws ones smell better.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I've always called that Loblaws the 'Rich People Loblaws. It really IS a 'diamond and fur' crowd there. I saw a woman in a mink coat yesterday and it's not even that cold out!

    ReplyDelete