Friday, October 29, 2010

I realize I never mentioned Priscilla. And since I really need to recognize some good stuff going on in my somewhat gloomy posts this week, Priscilla is AWESOME. Though some of the Australia accents are terrible but just ignore them and enjoy the singing and dancing drag queens.
You can't go wrong with singing and dancing drag queens.

The costumes are astounding - and there is one quick change sequence that is so fast, I couldn't figure out how they did it unless they are using doubles (actor doubles). It's just that quick. What I found strange was that the audience didn't react to that at all. It's like everyone is so used to movies, that you just think these things are easy. When it's not, it's really magic. Hard magic.
This show made me miss working on the big musicals - that work is not like any other. It's like 50% skill and 50% adrenaline - a mad dash to the finish line.

I also had a pink high heel sugar cookie at intermission. It was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment