I just saw HoJo perform for I believe the 7th time and found him to be just as inspiring as I did the first time in grade nine, those many years ago (though the audience was significantly more grey haired tonight).
I remember his songs getting me through high school. Don't get me wrong, I liked high school - I was good at it, had lots of friends - but it's still a hellish time. A cringe-worthy, unforgettable time and for me, Howard Jones was my touchstone.
Tonight I thought it would be appropriate to turn again to Howard for a little clarity. So in true high school fashion, I'm pasting some song lyrics.
So she had built her elaborate home
With its ups and its downs, its rains and its sun
She decided that her work was done, time to have fun
And she found a game to play
Then as part of the game
She completely forgot where she'd hidden herself
And she spent the rest of her time
Trying to find the parts
Hope you find it in everything, everything that you see
Hope you find it in everything, everything that you see
Hope you find it, hope you find it
Hope you find me in you
With its ups and its downs, its rains and its sun
She decided that her work was done, time to have fun
And she found a game to play
Then as part of the game
She completely forgot where she'd hidden herself
And she spent the rest of her time
Trying to find the parts
Hope you find it in everything, everything that you see
Hope you find it in everything, everything that you see
Hope you find it, hope you find it
Hope you find me in you
No comments:
Post a Comment