Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tonight I took one of my interns to see Fiddler on the Roof with Harvey Fierstein as Tevye. This is the same tour that was in Toronto over Christmas and that will be back in Toronto in June. I think it would be better served on the larger stage in Toronto as the one it played on here was oh, 10 feet too small in width (they looked a little squished up there!).
One of my theatre programming peeps' husbands works for the production company for the show so he arranged comps for me which was lovely. My one intern is a musical theatre nerd so it was fun to take her and have a break from fellow fellows. I had however forgotten how depressing this story is. Even though Harvey's Tevye is pretty cheerful and forgiving, it is still a relentlessly depressing tale. (go see it in Toronto though, it's good!)

This weekend is the last full on work weekend of the program. Friday night I'm helping out theatre programming with a cabaret show and Sunday is our Spring Gala (it's been months since we've had a gala!) so there is a brunch then a reception then a dinner then a show and then a reception. I've taken Monday off to compensate. Liza Minnelli is hosting the show so that should be....something anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment