Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I know I'm really behind on things but....Keith Cole is running for Mayor??? I might actually vote for him. I mean at least it'd be entertaining and he is very organized. In a fashion. Still very odd....

Okay, two things you probably shouldn't do while recovering from a weird vertigo inducing virus:
  • attend a concert in a really loud, smallish venue
  • go to the Air and Space Museum
Yeah, I did both those things.
Last night I had tickets to see Los Campesinos! - a Welsh band playing at the 930 club which is at U and 9th. I'd never been to the 930 Club and it's one of "the" places to see live music here so when I'd heard the band was coming it seemed like a good time to see the space too (and only 7 blocks from my place!). I'd had the tickets for a few weeks and wanted to try and still go if I could. Anyway, seeing as this is DC, they only played for about an hour and 15 minutes and it was all over by 10:30 so it wasn't a super late night. It was a pretty awesome concert, very high energy and eclectic. The club has two levels so we went to the balcony so I could sit down and still see everything and not feel jossled around. I actually felt okay for the most part but having the option to sit helped, psychologically anyway. It was a pretty young crowd and on the floor at one point there were two people body surfing - which I just found odd since it really isn't that sort of music. Another reason to be happy to be in the balcony. I'm not sure if that's a DC crowd thing since my friends seemed to find it normal. Maybe that is how the young'uns here express their joy! Anyway, better them then me.

I went, very briefly, to the newer, larger Air and Space Museum out by Dulles airport on Monday afternoon. No, I shouldn't have gone but it was the only opportunity to go and I'd heard it was very different from the one on the Mall. It is wise to have to keep looking up at big planes when one is having trouble staying upright? No! but there were lots of places to sit, which I did, a lot, and it was neat to see. And free, so staying only for an hour or so didn't matter. I took some pictures which I'll upload when I am less tired!

That is all on my adventures in spinland. A bit woozy today, and tired, but not spinny, so that's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment