Friday, December 18, 2009

Storm of the Century!

Well that's what they are saying DC is in for - up to 20 inches of snow between now and Sunday morning. This apparently would be the most snowfall for a December in DC since 1932 and if it happens, is actually a significant amount of snow for a place with no snow removal budget left.
Everyone here was freaking out about it all afternoon. All flights for tomorrow had been cancelled by 4pm this afternoon (that would be before any snow actually hit). It started around 9pm and there is accumulation on cars and things now. So it's a real snowfall anyway. Apparently the fact that this storm is coming up at us from the south makes it bad. Something to do with the ocean temperatures being cold.

I'm hoping that all the craziness will be cleared up by Monday morning when I'm due to fly out. Also I'm really hoping Eastern Market will be open on Sunday when I was planning to pick up the last of my Christmas shopping - if not I'll have to move to plan B, which involves coming up with a plan B rather quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment