Am just now home for the Honors extravaganza - it ran long so dinner was served at midnight - weeee!! Anyway, pretty remarkable event. I was a seat filler for the ceremony itself. In act one I sat next to jazz musician Christian McBride's wife while he played in the Dave Brubeck (apologies for spelling, it's 2am...) tribute (amazing by the way). His wife was lovely. When I explained to her that I was there to fill in for her husband she took me literally and talked to me throughout like we were old friends. To her left was the head of national counter terrorism. Yup, top guy looking for terrorists. I told him that in a movie he'd be played by Harrison Ford. He asked me if I meant young Harrison. I said yes, but I hadn't meant it! He actually was remarkably young for such a demanding job.
Celebs spotted up close: JON STEWART (yay!!!), Melissa Etheridge, Meryl Streep, Sharon Stone, Christian McBride (when he returned to his seat - jazz celeb), Herbie Hancock among others.
Best moment of the night, during the Bruce Springsteen tribute, seeing President Obama groove away while Melissa Etheridge played. He looks so tired, I think he could use a night off.
Bruce Springsteen is hot - something I'd never noticed before. Must now try to go see him in concert....
Good night, more tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment