Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Next rotations

So Monday, yes the day after the Honors, we start in our new rotations. As I may have mentioned, I'll be in marketing for half a rotation and then switching to theatre programming for the remainder. I met with the theatre boys here (yes, three of them, all boys) and think that all is going to be just fine. My supervisor John is worried that I'll be bored because it's all work I've done before, but as I said to him, I've not done it for the KC. And it's going to be busy, busy, busy as I'll be working on our McNally 3 play festival so lots of actors and creative types stressing about the place. Love it.

Marketing typically only gets two fellows per rotation and I am a bit of an add on because of my weird situation. So I won't actually be sitting in the marketing department (no room), I will actually take up residence in the theatre department right away but do marketing work - this is actually on an entirely different floor, but okay by me.

There is really very poor communication between departments - which I suppose is not unusual for large organizations. So John calls me today and asks when my marketing rotation starts (and therefore when I'll be joining them downstairs). "Monday", I say. "Hmmmm. There might be a logistical problem with that", he says. "Oh?" "Yes, that's where Max (VP of theatre programming) likes to put the Christmas tree. Looks like you are going to kill Christmas, I hope you're okay with that..." Imagine this completely deadpan.
I love it already. My plan tomorrow is to show up with some sort of Christmas tree thing (perhaps a hat if I can find one...) and present it to Max in order to save Christmas.

1 comment: