Adding to the crazy of Honors today was SNOW. Yes, it snowed in DC. I think a couple of inches in total, though none of it has lasted. It started this morning as I was on my way in to work and it sure did make people cranky. It was that pretty fluffy snow which in Canada we'd all just look out the window and say "awww pretty" and then go about our business. Here people can't drive and things shut down. Now it's just raining which is worse in my mind.
Today's major event was the Chairman's luncheon for the Honorees. Lots of big wigs in attendance. As well as all the Honorees of course- except Bruce Springsteen, not sure where he was. Anyway, so I got my first sighting of Robert De Niro and Dave Brubeck. I've met Mel Brooks of course because of The Producers in Toronto, and the fifth honoree, Grace Bumbry I'm sure is a lovely woman, but really no one is there looking for her autograph if you catch my drift.
Carol Burnett was at lunch as well as a couple of the folk from Criminal Minds (don't know their actual names). Senators and Congressmen were everywhere. I gave Michael York directions which was pretty much the hi-light of my afternoon.
The other big news this weekend is that tonight is my last night in Virginia. Tomorrow I officially live in the District. Yay!! It's very cool. I picked up my keys this afternoon and took a few bags over there tonight to ease the move in the morning. It's only a cab ride, but I thought if I didn't have to lug 4 cases all at once, that would be best. The place is bigger than I remember and my new roommate still seems very sweet. My own bathroom has a small tub - I had thought it was just a shower stall so this is really amazing news. Anyway, I'm feeling very positive about the change and all that it will bring. Tomorrow will be a crazy day, but will definitely be worth it.
Snow in Houston, snow in Washington but no snow in Toronto! :-)
ReplyDeleteSoooo exciting!!!! Wheeee!
ReplyDelete