Thursday, December 17, 2009

Parties, parties, parties

Today was the KC's Christmas party. I was actually very impressed with it - it was a middle of the afternoon affair but it had catered food (not much veggie but still), an open bar (hic!) and a 12+ piece brass band playing - they were awesome. They were actually playing the concert on the Millennium Stage tonight so it was a bit of a two for one deal. Anyway, people actually sang along and danced. It was good fun.
Tonight we had our very merry Fellow Xmas gathering along with our Secret Slightly Over-Weight Jolly Seasonal Character gift exchange - also lots of fun. I got Joel, our new program coordinator, and so made him a "how to be Canadian" kit complete with maple fudge, Canada flag and pin and other assorted Canadiana. He's from Michigan so basically wants to be Canadian anyway (who doesn't!). Oh, I also made him an official "fan" page on Facebook, which he took in the spirit that it was intended :-)

Last night I went to see Young Frankenstein (same tour that will be in Toronto in March). I have to admit that I'm not really a Mel Brooks fan. I found this to basically have the same characters of The Producers, without such good songs. So I didn't love it. However, "the people" did (standing ovation) so hopefully it will sell well - sales have been slow. And I have to admit that even I laughed out loud at a number of occasions..

I can't believe tomorrow is my last work day before I fly home - lots still to do and coordinate. And oh yeah, at some point I have to pack! Ack! Saturday I have two more Christmas parties - crazy considering how few people I know in this city. One of them is back in Old Town, about 3 blocks from where I used to live - naturally! But that's okay, one night of commuting is better than five nights a week.

Entries may be sporadic over the holidays, please bare with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment