Monday, December 7, 2009

Am very tired and my go to be ridiculously early tonight. Have been unpacking and am settling in to the new place. I have too much stuff.
I walked to work this morning and it only took half an hour - this is actually a little faster than it will take me on the metro. Very exciting.
Anyway, I know you all don't care about that and want to hear more Honors stories.
For act two I was moved around a bit and for one segment was in a very prime location which will likely end up on the television broadcast. So if you are watching on December 29 on CBS, during the speech by Stephen Schwarzman (our chairman) and Aretha Franklin, I'm sitting dead centre of the orchestra about...ten rows back. People watching backstage said I was on the monitors which means I was taped. Of course I may end up edited out (shameful!) but we'll see. It's hard looking interested and engaged for extended periods of time.
For act one I had a terrific view of the Presidential box with the Obamas, Joe Biden and the Honorees. I was just below them, slightly to house right, two rows in front of the balcony overhang. When they first all came in, I was surprised that I actually felt chills seeing Bruce Springsteen next to Michelle Obama. It was really quite a remarkable experience.
Michelle was in purple and so was I! Look at me being all trendy. I had a pink wrap on though all the better to be spotted on TV :-)

We started our new rotations today. And of course because bureaucracy runs slowly, I had no computer. Apparently a computer had been requested, but IT believed that there was a computer at my work station and so did nothing. When being told that there wasn't one, they didn't believe it, but didn't come look until 2pm either. Supposedly I'll have one tomorrow. I left at 4 and went to Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment