Saturday, December 19, 2009

Metro closing...

So with 10 inches on the ground in DC, the metro is closing the above ground stations at 1pm - so no Old Town party for me this evening. I should still be able to get to Alison's as that stretch is all underground - and it's not actually cold out, just snowing, so I see it as a bit of an adventure. Plus she has more food there than I do here since I've been using stuff up in preparation for being away. :-) And I bet I'd whip all these guys at a snowball fight!

Everything is shut down - the non-Smithsonian Museums, some entire banking chains. I guess getting in from the suburbs would be next to impossible. Though you'll be happy to hear that many of the malls remain open. There was a run on them last night from what I understand - the anticipated storm driving people out after work. You wouldn't think that this country is still deep in a recession...

1 comment: